Jeremy and Dawn

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Growing?!?!


Well after the last 2 nights I am going to assume that Jayson is going through his 3 month old growth spurt...ugh.... He doesn't really care to nap much, at night time he wants to eat every hour for a couple of hours, then when he finally does conk out he will sleep for 4-5 hours (if we are lucky) and then he fidgets and wants to eat every hour and half to two hours throughout the night :( This makes for a very sleepy mommy and daddy (when daddy hears him and wakes up) lol. He cries and fusses and I am not sure whether he is sleepy or hungry. Usually at night he will fall asleep in his swing around 7-8 pm and not wake up til 12-1.. So I stay on the couch until he wakes up. During the day he is usually a happy baby still.. Always wanting to smile at me or talk to me. I definetly hate growth spurts. They exhaust me.

He has given me two nights since he was born of a 6 hours stretch of sleep. That was pure bliss. Though I shouldn't complain because when I was still pregnant I was waking up every hour tossing and turning cause lil peanut was on my pelvis and I felt like it was going to rip in half. However, after these two very little sleep nights, I am so looking forward to getting my normal baby back.

So today, he napped on me for maybe 45 minutes...woke up, ate and spit up!!! ALL OVER ME AND HIM!!!! So to the bath we went. I bathed him and gave him a quick little massage with the Johnsons Bedtime Lotion. Then I put him in the swing around 1:15ish so I could at least eat lunch.. He finally fell asleep.. It is now 4:00 and he is still sleeping. I hate to make noise or wake him up because I KNOW he is tired. However, it makes me scared that he is going to not sleep at night if he sleeps long during the day..
As exhausted as this little guy makes me, when I see his face, I can't help but realize how in love I am with him. I just try to remember, This too shall pass..


This is what Mommy wants to happen, for longer than an hour...



This is a horrible picture from my phone, but it is too cute with his little smile. We have started putting him in his bumbo for a little bit.. And he likes it.. Strong little boy :)






No comments:

Post a Comment